White Owl Conspiracy
In trying to make sense of the ammunition purchases, which by the way, DHS/ICE canceled the orders for blank .308 rounds. 25,000 rounds, I decided to match apples to apples for fairness.
What I found fails the smell test of common sense and reason. But we are talking about the largest grab of brass and lead of all times by a man who only knows how a weapon fires from his time in “Pock Is Stan”.
Big Sis has been in a request for another 120,000,000 rounds of .40 S&W ammunition. And this time, it is to be CLEARLY used and segregated from duty ammunition. How clearly marked? From the RFI :
- Can company produce ammunition with cartridge cases that are uniquely colored to ready distinguish them from DHS duty ammunition. <They want them marked purple>
- Can company produce individual packaging boxes uniquely colored to ready distinguish them from DHS duty ammunition.
- Can company produce training ammunition capable of accuracy comparable to current duty ammunition standards?
- Can company manufacturer 30 million rounds of this training ammunition annually?
It is also charged with detaining the criminal elements of the illegal aliens that cross our borders. So naturally, the ammunition would be used to keep those ruffians under lock and key.
However, just using the large multi-year purchases, there is a problem with their ammunition uses.
Look at this chart:
HERE. Just for the record, the 2009 purchase was a mere $38,227,600
What this means is that for the 20,000 employees of ICE, they will have at their disposal 215,000,000 rounds of ammunition, to detain 33,330 inmates for Fiscal Year 2011.
What happened to last year’s 215 million rounds? Or the year before that? Perhaps it went to training? Not necessarily the case. This is from an email I received from H.R.P.
CBP agents fire 72 rounds of handgun ammo per qualification. Multiply that by 20,000 and you get 1,440,000. For the four quals each year you arrive at 5,760,000 rounds of handgun ammo for CBP alone. This does not include issue of ammo for practice and proficiency.There is enough annual ammo for each employee to do practice/proficiency 37 times of what the qualification ammunition is needed. The President doesn’t even golf that much!
As I started the article, a comparison of apples needs to be made. The nearest body that would be closest to ICE is the Bureau of Prisons. From their website:
“The Bureau has approximately 37,700 highly motivated individuals working in 115 correctional institutions across the country, and approximately 217,000 Federal offenders are confined by BOP.”It should be noted that BOP has 17,000 more employees, manages 6.5 times more inmates, and in less facilities.
So what are the BOP’s ammunition purchases since 2003? Mind you, the chart above is only since 2009:
Jan 14, 2011 $40,000
- 200,000 rounds, 9mm Luger, 115 grain, jacketed-hollow-point ammunition.
Dec 3, 2008 $7,252,000 5 years total – Total ammunition 24,900,000 rounds (4,980 rounds for 2012 alone)
- 9MM Luger 124 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point (1,000,000 each);
- 12 Gauge #4 Buckshot 27 Pellets (160,000 each);
- 12 Gauge #7 ½ shot (160,000 each);
- 12 Gauge Rifled Slug 1 oz. (80,000 each);
- Cartridge .308 168 Grain Boat Tail (80,000 each);
- 9MM Luger 115 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point (1,000,000 each);
- 223 Caliber 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket (1,500,000 each);
- 9MM Luger 124 Grain Jacket Ball (1,000,000 each)
Aug 17, 2006 $ 56,517 – No quantities given
July 7, 2003 $226,000 Total ammunition 5,380,000 rounds
- Cartridge, 9mm Luger, 115 Grain, Silvertip Hollow Point: 1,000,000 rounds;
- Cartridge, 9mm Luger, 124 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point: 1,000,000 rounds;
- Cartridge, 9mm Luger, 124 Grain FMJ/Ball: 1,000,000 rounds;
- Cartridge, 12 Gauge #4 Buckshot, 27 Pellets, Compression Formed STSH: 160,000 rounds;
- Cartridge, 12 Gauge #6 Shot Size 2-3/4″ Length, 3 Dram Equivalent: 160,000
- Cartridge, 12 Gauge #7-1/2 Shot Size 2-3/4″ Length, 3 Dram Equivalent: 160,000 rounds;
- Cartridge, 12 Gauge #8 Shot Size 2-3/4″ Length, 3 Dram Equivalent: 160,000 rounds
- Cartridge, 12 Gauge Rifled Slug, 1 ounce weight: 80,000 rounds;
- Cartridge .223 55 Grain, Full Metal Jacket: 1,500,000 rounds;
- Cartridge, 30-06 168 Grain, JHP Boat Tail: 80,000 rounds; and
- Cartridge, .308 168 Grain JHP Boat Tail: 80,000 rounds
DHS is a bloated entity, hell bent on scaring innocent people. Airports, trains, online – the very agency that is to “protect” us from terror, terrorizes us all.
“Obey, or it will be the FEMA camps for you!” may be the next threat out of some jackbooted thug who just falls into the latest line of useful idiots of the tyrants of history.
Fear not though. All tyrants fall. The 21st century versions will fall just as well, if not harder and faster. Keep the faith.
James is a father of four and grandfather to four. He and his wife of almost 30 years have been prepping since 2003. They live in a small town, with neighbors as close as 10 feet away and have raised chickens for 2 years covertly on less than 1/5 of an acre. He is a former corrections officer, insurance fraud investigator, and he served in the Navy for 6 years. He currently works for a corporation dealing with the disabled population and their benefits. He is the host of The Covert Prepper show and the Prepper Podcast Radio Network News, both heard on Blogtalk Radio.